You shall carefully read and thoroughly understand this Policy and confirm that you have fully understood and agreed to this Policy before using our Services. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the content of this Policy, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY DORY IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS POLICY.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information from you in the following situations:
- when you register for an account with us ("Account");
- when you choose to connect your Account with an external third party service or application;
- when you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by creating listings, interacting with other users through our chat feature, or transacting with other users;
- when you contact us with general inquiries or with your comments or suggestions, or otherwise in connection with your use of our Services;
- When you register for a survey, campaign, contest and/or lucky draw with us;
- When you interact with us offline or through an external third party.
You are under no obligation to provide the information to us. However, if you choose to withhold the information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, we may be unable to provide certain aspects of our Services to you. If the information you provide contains personal information of other users, you must ensure that you have obtained legal authorization before providing such personal information to Dory.
We will limit the personal information we collect to what we need for the purposes for which it was collected, and will use such personal information for such purposes. We may also use personal information we collect to provide you with information on products, services and events that we or third parties offer that we believe may be of interest to you. We will not call you without your prior consent and your information will not be used for marketing purpose. If we wish to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will obtain your consent before using the information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect, receive and process the following information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Services. Please note that not all of our Services collect all of the information listed below:
- When you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID verification information, Dory collects your name, username, email address, and, if you opt-in to location services, your location. This personal information is used to administer your account, provide you the Services and contact you, including sending you notifications about the Services.
- If you activate Sparks (a point system hereinafter referred to as "Dory points") wallet with your Account in order to collect and use Dory points, then we will also collect your phone number to use for second-factor authentication.
- When you access or use the Services, such as to search for or post, make or accept trades / transactions, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users, Dory will keep track of your trades, posts, comments and likes, ratings and reviews, and transaction history so that you have a record of your activity on the Services.
- If you use the chat function of the Services, Dory keeps a record of your chat history.
- If you link your account on a third party site to your Dory Account, Dory will obtain the Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and
- Dory also keeps track of your usage patterns, for example that pages that you visit, for the analytics purposes so that Dory can monitor and improve the Services.
- If you use Dory points, Dory will keep track of the amount of the transaction, the date of the transaction, as well as the party with which you made the transaction in order to facilitate the transfer of the Dory points.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
In some cases, we may collect information about you that may or may not be personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include your Internet protocol (IP) address, the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, and the advertisement or domain name of the website from which you linked to our Services. The collection, use, disclosure and storage of such information will be in accordance with our Policy, including for the purpose of optimizing user experience of our Services. We may use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Dory may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
At times Dory may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our product and services, including to deliver products at your request. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Dory may share the information with service providers who assist us in serving you and who have agreed to appropriate contractual provisions regarding the protection of personal information in accordance with applicable law;
- It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Dory to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
PROTECTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have security measures in place to protect against unauthorized access, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us over the Internet, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
UPDATING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information in your Dory account.
Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible for providing accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to update this personal information as and when it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date.
In certain circumstances, you may need to provide to us personal information about someone other than yourself. If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal information to Dory, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise them about where they can find a copy of this Policy.
When you request to delete your account, we delete information referring to your “Personally Identifiable Information” (PII). The information interprets as PII includes: your email address, mailing address, phone number, location, full name or usernames.
We may update the Policy from time to time and you are responsible for periodically reviewing the most current version of the Policy on our Website. Your continued use of our Services or submission of information will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of our updated Policy.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND RESOURCES
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or resources. You are advised to review the privacy policies of these sites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.